Default settings of the SMC Networks SMCWEB-N
Here you can find the default IP address and the username and password for the user interface of the SMC Networks SMCWEB-N 11n Wireles router. In the bottom part of this website, you will find a manual for accessing the user interface of this router and resetting its factory settings.
Login data for the user interface
- IP address:
Preconfigured Wi-Fi settings
No wireless networks are preconfigured for this device.
Access to the user interface
Accessing the user interface is necessary when you want to change the router configuration. For the SMC Networks SMCWEB-N, you have to do the following steps for access:
- Switch on router
- Connect the device via Wi-Fi* or a network cable with the router
- Open web browser
- Insert IP address in the address bar and confirm with ‘Enter’ button
- Enter username as well as password in the login form and confirm
Reset default settings
Resetting default settings is especially helpful when you have changed and forgotten the login data for the user interface. Please consider that not only will settings like IP address, username and password be set to factory settings, but all configurations you may have made will as well.
Execute hardware reset
To reset the SMC Networks SMCWEB-N to its default settings, you have to do the following steps:
- Put router into operation
- Press RESET button for at least 10 seconds
- Restart of the device is automatically executed
- Restoration of standard settings is finished
After you have successfully executed the steps mentioned above, the configuration of the router will be reset to factory settings. If you want to log in to the user interface, you have to use the preset login data.