Login data for the user interface
- IP address:
- 192.168.1.1 (or http://www.routerlogin.net)
Preconfigured Wi-Fi settings
Access to the user interface
Accessing the user interface is necessary when you want to change the router configuration. For the Netgear WNDR3400, you have to do the following steps for access:
- Turn on router
- Connect the device via Wi-Fi* or a network cable with the router
- Start web browser
- Insert IP address or URL into the address bar and confirm with ‘Enter’ button
- Enter username as well as password in the login form and confirm
This router can also be configured with the provided software.* Make sure that your router’s Wi-Fi is activated.
Reset default settings
Resetting default settings is especially helpful when you have changed and forgotten the login data for the user interface. Please consider that not only will settings like IP address, username and password be set to factory settings, but all configurations you may have made will as well.
Execute hardware reset
To reset the Netgear WNDR3400 to its default settings, you have to do the following steps:
- Put router into operation
- Press Restore Factory Settings button and hold for at least 5 seconds
- Device restarts automatically
- Restoration of standard settings is finished
Execute software reset
With the Netgear WNDR3400, you can restore the factory settings with the installed software. Log in to the user interface of the router with your access data and execute the steps that are described in the user handbook.
After you have successfully executed the steps mentioned above, the configuration of the router will be reset to factory settings. If you want to log in to the user interface, you have to use the preset login data.