Login data for the user interface
- IP address:
Preconfigured Wi-Fi settings
- starts with Cisco
Access to the user interface
Accessing the user interface is necessary when you want to change the router configuration. For the Linksys E4200, you have to do the following steps for access:
- Put router into operation
- Connect the device via Wi-Fi* or a network cable with the router
- Open browser
- Insert IP address into the address bar and confirm with ‘Enter’ key
- Enter username and password in the open user interface and confirm again
This router can also be configured with the provided software.* Make sure that your router’s Wi-Fi is activated.
Reset default settings
Resetting default settings is especially helpful when you have changed and forgotten the login data for the user interface. Please consider that not only will settings like IP address, username and password be set to factory settings, but all configurations you may have made will as well.
Execute hardware reset
To reset the Linksys E4200 to its default settings, you have to do the following steps:
- Turn on router
- For at least 10 seconds, press the Reset button
- Restart of the device is automatically executed
- Router has been reset to factory settings
Execute software reset
With the Linksys E4200, you can restore the factory settings with the installed software. Log in to the user interface of the router with your access data and execute the steps that are described in the user handbook.
After you have successfully executed the steps mentioned above, the configuration of the router will be reset to factory settings. If you want to log in to the user interface, you have to use the preset login data.