Default settings of the EDIMAX BR-6428nS V3
Here you can find the default IP address and the username and password for the user interface of the EDIMAX BR-6428nS V3 5-in-1 N300 Wi-Fi router. This site also contains information about the preconfigured Wi-Fi settings of the device. In the bottom part of this website, you will find a manual for accessing the user interface of this router and resetting its factory settings.
Login data for the user interface
- IP address:
- 192.168.1.1 (or http://edimax.setup)
Preconfigured Wi-Fi settings
Access to the user interface
Accessing the user interface is necessary when you want to change the router configuration. For the EDIMAX BR-6428nS V3, you have to do the following steps for access:
- Turn on router
- Set up a connection between the device and the router via Wi-Fi* or network cable
- Open browser
- Insert IP address or URL into the address bar and confirm with ‘Enter’ button
- Enter username and password in the open interface and confirm once more
Reset default settings
Resetting default settings is especially helpful when you have changed and forgotten the login data for the user interface. Please consider that not only will settings like IP address, username and password be set to factory settings, but all configurations you may have made will as well.
Execute hardware reset
To reset the EDIMAX BR-6428nS V3 to its default settings, you have to do the following steps:
- Put router into operation
- Press WPS/Reset button and hold for at least 10 seconds
- Device is automatically restarted
- Default settings have been restored
Execute software reset
With the EDIMAX BR-6428nS V3, you can restore the factory settings with the installed software. Log in to the user interface of the router with your access data and execute the steps that are described in the user handbook.
After you have successfully executed the steps mentioned above, the configuration of the router will be reset to factory settings. If you want to log in to the user interface, you have to use the preset login data.