Default settings of the ASUS RT-AC87U
Here you can find the default IP address and the username and password for the user interface of the ASUS RT-AC87U Dualband Wireless-AC2400 Gigabit router. This site also contains information about the preconfigured Wi-Fi settings of the device. In the bottom part of this website, you will find a manual for accessing the user interface of this router and resetting its factory settings.
Login data for the user interface
- IP address:
- 192.168.1.1 (or http://router.asus.com)
Preconfigured Wi-Fi settings
- starts with ASUS
Access to the user interface
Accessing the user interface is necessary when you want to change the router configuration. For the ASUS RT-AC87U, you have to do the following steps for access:
- Put router into operation
- Establish a connection between the device and the router via network cable or Wi-Fi*
- Open web browser
- Insert URL or IP address into the address bar and confirm with ‘Enter’ key
- Enter username and password in the open interface and confirm once more
Reset default settings
Resetting default settings is especially helpful when you have changed and forgotten the login data for the user interface. Please consider that not only will settings like IP address, username and password be set to factory settings, but all configurations you may have made will as well.
Execute hardware reset
To reset the ASUS RT-AC87U to its default settings, you have to do the following steps:
- Turn on router
- For at least 5 seconds, press the Reset button
- Device restarts automatically
- Restoration of standard settings is finished
Execute software reset
With the ASUS RT-AC87U, you can restore the factory settings with the installed software. Log in to the user interface of the router with your access data and execute the steps that are described in the user handbook.
After you have successfully executed the steps mentioned above, the configuration of the router will be reset to factory settings. If you want to log in to the user interface, you have to use the preset login data.